Search This Blog

Questions and Answers 2008

Monday 7 July 2008

An interview with Catherine West..by Chris Kimble.

Interview with Catherine West
by chris kimble
Catherine (Katy) West is forty one and knows exactly when she is going to die.
This knowledge is just another confirmation that she is considerably different to others around her. She hardly spoke until she was five. When she started writing unusually, she wrote left-handed and backwards, that could only be read using a mirror.
When she was eight something strange happened.
‘I was at school on my own and I got this voice in my head telling me I was Jesus. I said to myself don’t be stupid. Jesus is a boy. From that moment on I’ve had that quest to find out who I am in relation to Jesus and why.’
As a teenager she was quiet and awkward but that didn’t stop her singing in a band and releasing three records. However by the time she was twenty she was hearing many other voices in her head, sensing and smelling spirits. In her basement flat she had about five or six spirits who would only appear when she wanted them to and loved them being there. She said nothing fearing she’d be considered mentally ill. What to most people would be unnerving gave her a sense of reassurance and protection and life continued.
Twelve years ago she took up Salsa. After three months she was teaching it. This helped her with her clumsiness which she attributes to having Aspergers and allowed her to connect her right and left sides. Physical confidence enabled her to overcome her fear of speech and do drama. She has appeared on Dr. Who, is a regular backround Doctor on Casualty and has played Mary Queen of Scots in David Starkey’s Monarchy.
Acting taught her the power words, how the majority of people, when they speak, use the wrong word with the wrong meaning. Her intuitive side she kept private, she says, ‘Whenever I’ve tried to talk about anything that isn’t salsa, barbering or acting, I’ve been dismissed.’
Her psychic awareness was witnessed at the hairdressers where she has worked for the last12 years by Kiri Yiasemi, the owner who says, ‘Katy was cutting a clients hair. The telephone rang but it was answered downstairs. We heard footsteps coming up and Katy turned round to the client and said, ‘your wife’s on the phone.’ Then the receptionist appeared and said, ‘your wife’s on the phone.’
Extraordinarily, on another occasion Katy says, ‘I was cutting hair and all of a sudden I went into a cold sweat and felt feint. I thought something has happened to Tony.’ It transpired that her long-term boyfriend had come off a motor bike, in Greece at exactly that time. She also told him to his astonishment that she ‘knew’ he hadn’t gone to Rhodes as proposed.
Katy kept the premonitions secret for the next eight years, even though they occurred every couple of months, until, three years ago she knew something was going to happen. She was at a party at a converted chapel in Burrow Mump near Glastonbury. For non-attendant friends she filmed the 60 or 70 gravestones, at three thirty in the morning. She recounts, ‘As I’m sort of going around I pick something up on the camera. Its amazing like this blue ether came out. I thought how exciting.’
Stunningly, Katy pulls her mobile phone from her bag and as proof replays the clip for me. A blue swirl appears from nowhere and moves off in ways smoke does not behave. There is also a very long white flash almost circular in nature. Katy’s picture compares favourably and has many similarities with those presented in a special report in January 2008 edition of Spirit and Destiny*1 as being orbs. Klaus Heinemann PHD,*2 a former research scientist with NASA-AMES Research Centre believes orbs to be, ‘emanations from intelligent life outside the conventional realm.’
http: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMEdmI3_3J4
Kiri saw the footage and recalls that, ‘she just took it in her stride. Most people would have jumped out of their skin.’
Kevin who reads auras told her that hers was the same colour as the ether and that it represented Christ. He also asked her, if she felt that this ether had anything to do with her. Katy could only nod because she didn’t want to say yes. This propelled her to do a psychic workshop where she perfectly described a little boy spirit known to others present and then standing a short distance away, a homeless man that another woman had befriended, and who had recently died. At the time it publicly confirmed her powers. As she recounts it to me she gets shivers down her spine and says, ‘He must have appeared for me to tell her, it was him at the door just come in to say goodbye or thank you. It was amazing. People have said to me, I could be a medium, clairvoyant. I don’t want to do that.’
Life for Katy though is more than a series of peculiar coincidences. Everything has a purpose and a direction. By July 2006 she declared to one of her clients at work that she had reached a spiritual brick wall. He returned within the hour with a book by Neale Donald Walsch. After reading the first chapter she decided to attend his five day retreat in Bristol. The experience was to transform her life permanently. Yet even in a room full of spiritually aware people West felt different.
‘I began to notice that I was reacting in the opposite way to everyone else, when they were laughing I had tears running down my face. On the third day a Japanese lady master did some Dan yoga energy work, tapping up the energies of the body. She said, shut your eyes and pretend you’re squeezing a tennis ball and then see how far you can stretch it out. My arms were at full stretch. My arms aren’t long enough. With that I thought I’d have a sneaky peak and everyone else’s, were like this.’ She demonstrates, her hands touching.
‘Then the master came closer to me and I started having major convulsions but also laughing uncontrollable. My feet wouldn’t move. She grabbed me and hugged me to bring me back down. My hands were at full stretch but I couldn’t feel my fingers. I could feel the walls. My head was connected to the ceiling. My legs? I couldn’t feel the floor I thought that if I moved my toes the floorboards at the end of the room would go. The convulsions were all the negativity shaking out and I was one hundred percent positive and I’d connected with everything. I felt like a new born child in an adult’s body. For about four or five months after that I was five minutes ahead of myself. That afternoon I was sitting with a group of people and I said I’ll just have to go and sit over there. This person came over and said, I’ve been looking for you and I said I know, that’s why I’m sat here.’
After that, everything, she says, ‘went a bit mental. I started talking uncontrollably. Thirty nine years worth of words had to come out in three months.’ She woke up dreaming of symbols and when she researched them on the internet became connected with Einstein’s, Theory of Relativity. She contacted and met a professor of quantum physics, at Bristol University who she asked, ‘why is the zero dimension, called the zero dimension when in fact the way I see it, it has dimension?’
Apparently, in all his forty five years of teaching, only about four people had asked him anything regarding the zero dimension.This is remarkable for a woman whose only qualification is a City and Guilds in hairdressing, but the she adds, ‘Understanding Quantum Physics and The Law of Relativity is all about understanding connection and I began to understand why I am here, why everybody is here. I connected with the Seen and the Unseen and I’ve connected with God, but I mean the real one, not the false one that everyone’s made up. I could understand what Jesus was trying to say.’
Katy has returned to St Mary Magdalene’s which she attended after her first encounter with thoughts of Jesus at the age of eight, but is not a regular church goer. Instead with three others she has created a website for the purpose of Accelerating Global Enlightenment called Peacemasters.
It’s about uniting people globally.’
Katy is connected with God but not religions.
She has direction and is very happy being who she is.
She sees herself as a spiritual messenger, where enlightenment is an individual journey, she says, ‘this is what I do 24/7 whether people are aware of it or not.
Everyone follows their own path.
People feel they are in competition with each other, it’s really silly because nobody will ever win, because you are in a race on your own.’
Facebook Group:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2401354075
Acknowledgments:
1 Spirit and Destiny January 2008 edition. Orbs: More than just a trick of the light, Text by Hazel Courtney, Charlotte Haigh and Emily Anderson, photos by Andrew Hasson, Karen Hatch and Robin Palmer of Studio 7.
2 Quotation of Klaus Heinemann taken from
http://www.acviews.com/kh/orbs.htm

No comments: